Jul 17, 2023

IF ONLY ...

Recently I took Vivian on a trip to the beach and while out on a fancy girls' night dinner on the water, she was fascinated by all the boats and asked me very enthusiastically if we could go on them.  I responded with "Darling, I wish we could but those belong to others and we can't go on them!" 

This disappointment luckily was short lived but it had me thinking about my own wants. I don't believe I'm alone in having desires for things in hopes for better or more. 

I often fall to the mindset of "If only          then I'd be happier or life would be better". 

Some of my "if only" that I battle:

- If only ... I had legs like Carrie Underwood I could have confidence to wear shorts & mini skirts.

- If only ... I had a husband that worked a day job we could have dinners & weekends together.

- If only ... I had an updated kitchen I could be hospitable and host more (along with the above)

- If only ... I had a bigger following on my blog I could inspire more.

- If I only ... 

Let me just stop right there!!!


God has bigger and better plans for me than I could ever wish for!
I'm working hard to change my "if only" to "wait and see"!
His plans will unfold beautifully!

Dress Beautifully in Faith as 
You Wait & See

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: