Aug 21, 2023

Significant

Every Fall & Spring semester I've participate in a ladies bible study at a local church for over 10 years. I learn so much and grow not only in my faith but in friendships too.

This Summer my dear gal pal and I wanted to find a study that would keep us in the Word, not too strenuous (while there is no school the season is FULL!) and was interesting. I found this study on an online search and it immediately got my attention. I started studying women of the Bible with my high school class on Sunday mornings 2 Summers ago and we all really enjoyed it. I find it relevant and important!

SIGNIFICANT BIBLE STUDY

This is a 6 week study on 6 women in Jesus' genealogy! There were 5 lessons each week, with questions and relative content from the author.  

My friend and I would gather at the pool, at our houses, whenever we could and discuss each week.
I have to be honest, towards the end of summer with our misaligned vacations we were less disciplined on our discussions. We both completed the book and were delighted we did!

Note: I found it interesting that we both gleaned takeaways from our own perspectives, specific to our own lives but in sharing them we made each other think. 

Here are the gems I gathered from learning about each woman ...

SARAH


I always love the story of Sarah (partly because I love having a biblical name - my Mamma gave all four of us one) but mainly because she was patient, and that's so hard!
Well, I learned a lot more about her (and Abraham) than I ever had.

She was willing, beautiful, trusting but also flawed with lies, taking matters in her own hands and unkind.
She's a human like us that struggled but in the end loved and grew in faith.

I was very inspired to work on having a gentle, quiet spirit.

LEAH


Life seemed very unfair for her. It's important to remember what God thinks of us is most important, NOT others or how others treat us! His love is better than anyone's on earth.
God was with her in her brokenhearted state and blessed her. 
We as women do not need to see each other as rivals, comparing & competing in our lives but rather rest in the security of God's love for us.

I was reminded that God is doing something bigger, better and more eternal than my own plans.

TAMAR


You won't find her story in a children's bible - it's racy! 
This story shows that bad company will corrupt good character and that going your own way doesn't pay!
It also shows that God brings unimaginably beauty from ashes. 
Tamar was far from perfect but she showed us how to be loyal. 

My confidence in who I am has grown knowing that we can be used for his purposes despite our past mistakes!!!

REHAB


She had a not so pretty past but it did not disqualify her from a life of faith. 
She was strong & courageous!!! She did many things that were wrong, but her faithful actions were praise worthy. She pressed forward and trusted God. 

I am working hard to make my faith in God the foundation upon which everything else in my life is built!


RUTH


She really touched my heart. She chose the narrow path, and it wasn't easy but it was worth it! Ruth had grit and was dedicated to tenaciously following God! She worked hard with humility and kept moving forward. And because of this God provided beyond her expectations. 

I want to immolate Ruth in being humble, tenaciously clinging to God (not myself or the world), and having faith in His provision.

BATHSHEBA


She was a woman of influence.  She had situations of grief and loss but God used it for our gain.  She was intentional and spoke up when it mattered most. She lived faithful in the roles of her life and it was used to make profound impacts. 

I am motived to stop striving for the roles I don't have but live faithfully in my life & daily moments,  knowing He will grow my influence right where I am in ways only He knows!

This study helped me grow in confidence in the significance 
of who I am & my purpose!


GOD USES THE ORDINARY 
TO DO EXTRAORDINARY THINGS!

Dress Beautifully Knowing 
YOU are SIGNIFICANT

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: