Nov 13, 2023

Finish Line


I go beyond my abundant list making each day and set goals all throughout the year. I enjoy challenging myself and working towards an achievement for growth. For most this occurs at the start of the year and I do embrace New Year goals but I also find that how we finish a year is equally as important, if not more! 
This also sets you up for a great start to the new year!

Here are my goals to finish these last several weeks of 2023 ...  

STRONGER


I want to finish this year stronger, literally! I've increased the weight factor for nearly all lifting exercises a couple weeks ago and intent to maintain. It's a challenge but I've done it! I also am going to participate in 2 local charity runs something I used to do a lot of. This time of year with so many indulgences and social engagements exercising can diminish but I'm determine to make it an upmost priority.

INTENTIONAL


There is so much busyness and hurry in our world and particularly during the holiday season. I want to work very hard to have margin in my days and white space on my calendar. I want to focus on discerning what I commit to and to be ok with declining engagements. I want to be present with others especially Ryan and Vivian.
I'm going to complete the gift shopping and tasks as efficiently and early as I can for a more relaxed season of fun! 

QUIET


I've been decreasing screen time all year. I've incorporated more reading and even puzzling. There's A LOT of content and noise out there that is just too much! While some is good it's hard to moderate. Outside influences (FB, IG, Streaming, Podcasts etc.) can easily take an inappropriate priority.

SERVING


I want to love my neighbors, friends and community well. I want to donate, support and gift those around me with thoughtfulness and kind acts. I'm looking at creative ways to do this that do NOT involve sugar/baked goods. I personally value good nutrition and there's just too much unhealthy treats this time of year (diabetes is not a gift) and honestly I feel it may even get tossed.

Options: a plant (Christmas cactus is my fav - my neighbors still have the ones I've gifted), seasoned roasted nuts, ornaments, tea towel, candle ...

EDIT


Before I drag out the Christmas decorations and before the influx of gifts I want to edit the closets, cabinets and drawers throughout our home for a clean and tidy refresh. 
This prevents an overwhelming state at the New Year.

I encourage you to pray and think about how you want to finish 2023
and what goals you can set for more love, joy and peace!

Dress Beautifully as You Finish 2023

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: