Nov 15, 2023

Classic with a Twist

Gals I am ALL about the classics when it comes to my wardrobe (and home decor). 
First of all their beauty is timeless therefore making these pieces a wise investment I'll wear over and over for years. 
Second, they style well with other classics as well as modern pieces for an elevated mix.
Third, they flatter as the designs are typically well structured and in quality fabrics.

For the past several years I've been shaking up my wardrobe with more embellishment and detailing for a more contemporary look.


This blazer exemplifies this.
It's a classic check plaid print in a sleek long line silhouette but with a cool factor in the appliqué patches in velvet & beading! 

I've seen similar jackets from high end designers that while beautiful a bit too high in price point.
This one really sparked joy for me with its juxtaposition of classic and modern design.


My Mama would warn us "not to wear your heart on your sleeve"
In this case I think she'd approve!


Tip: You can create this look by adding patches and/or broaches to it! I'm probably going to add a few pins for some extra shine and personality.

I encourage you to look for classic pieces that have unique embellishments
or add your own for a modern twist!

Dress Beautifully in Embellished Classics

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: