Sep 30, 2024

Handling the Hard

 Throughout my life I've heard the question "how did you get through that" or "I don't' know how she does it". I'm NOT a superhero but I do have God. 

I've had some very challenging seasons growing up, caring for my Mama, living long distance from Ryan, stressful corporate career, enduring a year long military deployment and heart shattering loss. They were all so very very hard.


Ryan has been practicing emergency medicine for a while now working very long hours and mostly nights and weekends ... it has done me in so many times! This past summer he accepted a new position traveling out of state for over half the month. Our thought is it would be less days and more time at home but again more hard. 

These are just a few of life's challenges I'm willing to share here and I know you could share a big list with me. We ALL have hard!

How do we get through? GOD!


We go to Him! 
He will give us strength, patience, endurance, knowledge, wisdom and peace and so much more to put one foot in front of the other. 


Stop over and over throughout your days and give thanks for all things big and small.

Note: the hard time may persist and sometimes for a long time but He is with you, providing for you and protecting you!


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; Isaiah 43:2


I've had several friends with challenging circumstances lately and even this weekend neighbors without power and the Western side of our state in devastating ruin. You still have hard but so do others.
Pray - there is power in Him.
Give - share your blessings.


I see that throughout my life God prepared me with skills and grew my character to persevere my hard times.

Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5: 3-5

Dress Beautifully in the Hard Times

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: