Sep 23, 2024

Welcome Interruptions

 I don't know about you but I plan! I plan my months, weeks, days and even hours with lists on top of lists.

BUT here's the truth - these plans will be interrupted. They will not go as I have designed them to go. 

Something or someone is going to delay or halt my productivity and I've learned it's for good. God has bigger and better plans for my time than I do. He will take my day and use it for His glory when I am open and welcome to it. 

Last week my bestest gal pal of nearly 30 years called me in the mid afternoon and I almost didn't answer it ... but thank the Lord above I did because she needed me and I needed to care for her!

Today in the midst of tasks a dear friend called with a sad heart and my tasks could wait to lift her spirits.


Note: My Sunday School student, Juliet, really enjoys baking.
She made Italian lemon cookies especially for me (lemon is my fav!)
I was tickled to share them with my Mama!

Then as I was getting back on track, my Mama called and said she was close by (she had an appointment and naturally she didn't tell me when I saw her Saturday). So I got myself together and welcomed her into our home with lunch and tea for two!

Putting people over projects is the best priority! 

When we've made our plans and lists ...
First, make sure there's 'white space' on the calendar = room for the unexpected
Then, give it to God to do with it as He will.
Welcome, with discernment (work does have to get done), interruptions ... they just may be a much needed blessing!

Dress Your Day Beautifully Welcoming Interruptions 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: