Sep 16, 2024

Million Dollar Smile

 Gals, for the past week I've smiled so big my cheeks are sore. I completed 18 months of Invisalign and now I have the prettiest teeth!


Backstory: I was born without lateral teeth, baby and permanent leaving my two front teeth very gapped. My mother worked very hard to put me in braces as soon as she could. My top teeth were all moved forward to close the gap and reshaped to look like I wasn't missing teeth. 
Fast forward 30 years, a lot of shifting occurred resulting in misalignment and bite/jaw issues. Atheistically they were also not their best.


I can NOT believe I'm sharing this!!!

I find that we all have areas of insecurity in our appearance. My teeth were just one of mine. 
I'm still the same lady on the inside, but gracious I am more confident on the outside. My teeth are also healthier now that my bite and teeth are aligned. 

Note: it's important to know that even with this new confidence, my relationships did not change as they are NOT dependent on my appearance nor possessions. They are built on how we treat each other!

Invisalign or any orthodontic appliance is a commitment and must be in the care of a board certified Orthodontist! Mine was conservative and thorough which is very important. 


I wore my trays 22 hours a day!! I brushed and flossed nearly every single time I ate something.
I carried zip lock bags, toothbrush & floss in my handbags where ever I went. 
I cleaned them every day in RetainerBrite
Having plastic in my mouth was not fun and I was self conscious about it!

Note: It's also a financial commitment! I used our HSA account which helped. 

About half way through I got very antsy to be finished but I'm so proud I stayed the course as it is 100% worth it! Here's a post I wrote nearly a year ago in the midst of treatment where I shared what you're getting in to. 

My tear stained, very happy and proud face leaving my final appointments!

Technology today is far superior to when I originally had braces. If you are considering orthodontics, I encourage you to schedule a consult with your dentist and orthodontist!. 
My dentist played a role too in keeping my teeth clean, healthy and finishing the treatment with some cosmetic work. 

Going forward I have two veneers giving me teeth that look like laterals for the first time in 41 years!
I cried in my car leaving my final appointments!
I have permanent retainers on my top & lower teeth and will sleep in retainers at nighttime for my lifetime. Again, worth it! 


I believe in dressing your outsides beautifully
but remember, know and believe that
dressing your inside beautifully is what shines so bright!

Dress Your Smile Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: