Sep 9, 2024

Meet Delores

 Meet Delores! She's brand new to our formal living room. 


Note: I intentionally set out to NOT do any home design projects this Summer until after school started ... I did 3 rooms that were not even on my list. I am my mother and am constantly redecorating rooms, often spontaneously! 

Our den (reveal coming soon) went through a total transformation which then resulted in some changes to the formal room with the additional of these etageres, removal of the tv and Delores.


With the etageres now flanking the mirrored console, art was needed on the wall. Because this room is traditional, I wanted art that's modern and interesting but complemented the current color palette.
In scrolling online I found this portrait. I named her Delores. I find her elegant and also mysterious. She an unexpected piece bringing interest to the room. 


When I added the grasscloth wallpaper to this room several months ago I realized the windows needed formal dressing. I decided on long drapes in a rich golden yellow color.  To me, they were the perfect finishing touch. 


Adding a jewel tone to the soft muted colors really added depth to the room!

BEFORE


AFTER



I encourage you to be creative in your living spaces and add fun art!

Dress Your Home Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: