Feb 1, 2014

Chambray Chic

Denim Shirts have made a come back since their reign in the 80's & 90's ....

For the past 15 years denim pants and a cute top have been a go-to look -
Now we've moved the denim from the bottom to the top.

I am Loving the Chambray Shirt!
  
It has maximized the versatility of my wardrobe.  Now, in addition to dressy tops to pair with jeans, I pair denim tops with my dressy skirts and pants... giving me more looks to carry from day to evening and through the weekend.

Lately I've noticed the Denim-on-Denim trend.

Confession - It's not my favorite, however for weekend casual it totally fits the bill.

How To: 
-The washes should be distinctly different:  light vs dark
- Tuck the shirt in or Tie it in a knot (creates a more shapely & fitted look)
- Showcase a Belt
- Accessorize with a Statement Necklace or Scarf
- Contrast the Monochromatic Blue look with Colored shoes, Handbag or Jewelry 




Shirt - Target , Belt C Wonder , Jeans - Seven for All Mankind (old), Shoes Tory Burch
Be Chambray Chic 
with 
Denim-on-Denim

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: