Jul 11, 2014

Belgian Waffle Brunch

Host Gracefully - It's a Part of my Lifestyle.  Southern Hospitality is in my Genes.  

It goes Beyond Your Home, Meal and Tablescape.  It's Welcoming Others with Open Arms Giving Service and Love.  I'll be Honest Sometimes I Fret Over my Home not being Grand or Fancy Enough and My Lack of Culinary Skills Gives me Heart Palpitations, but Love Doesn't Care about Such Things. 

Regardless, Nothing gets me more Giddy than Hosting Friends & Family.


Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:1-2

One of Mr & I's Favorite to Host is Brunch.  Not just Any Brunch but a Belgian Waffle Brunch.
Why?  It's Mid-Morning & Casual, Inexpensive and Easy to Prepare, and Guests Leave Full and Sassy with their Weekend Days Still Free :)


Image via Pinterest

Our Next Brunch Inspiration will be a Waffle Bar with a Brown Paper Tablescape

Image via Pinterest

Image via Pinterest

We were Gifted this Kitchen Aid Waffle Maker & it was Love at First Waffle!


Amazingness:
- No Cleaning!
- Non-Stick (no need for sprays)
- Cooks Two Waffles Simultaneously 
- Timer (3:30 mins I've Found is Perfect for Light & Crispy Waffles)


As Much as I Love to Indulge in Shopping, I Detest Grocery Shopping 
Confession:  I used to order online and pick up without ever leaving my car! That's not an option where we live now and Mr finds it embarrassing and completely unnecessary 
(I for one Believe Convenience is a Beautiful Thing!)



For this Meal Your Shopping List is Short (you may even have most in your pantry/fridge):

Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix - We've tried them all Gluten free, wheat etc... This One's the Best!
Pure Maple Syrup Grade A - Avoid the Chemical Syrup!
Fruit - Choose what's in Season it will be Extra Sweet :)
Meat - Optional - Sausage or For Bacon (My Preference) choose Nitrate Free; Keep it easy by baking or microwave 
Mimosas - I Believe in Cheers and Champagne Always! - use with low cal not from concentrate O.J. or with a blended fruit juice 
Coffee - Essential in Our Home! We prefer French Press on the Weekend but if you're severing a crowd compromise and brew a pot but still use fresh ground beans
Extras - Powdered Sugar, Butter, Whipped Cream, Nutella, Jelly etc...

I Love this One from Williams-Sonoma
Image via Pinterest



Serving a Belgian Waffle Brunch isn't Formal.  That's what makes is so Relaxed.  It doesn't have to be a sit down affair.  Use the time to Mingle with Guests and Catch up on Life's Happenings.  Serve the Waffles as they are Ready - Best Enjoyed Hot! 
Others can Sip on Mimosas or Coffee until Served 

You can Have the Accouterments on the Dining Table or Buffet Style in the Kitchen. 
I Always Try and Use Linens (From my Vintage Collection) but No Shame in Using Paper Products They are Often a Fitting Choice & Easy Clean Up!

P.S. Kids Love this Meal just as Much - Especially Served with Cartoons :)

Just Recently I Helped Host a Sprinkle for a Sweet Mamma-to-Be and my Waffle Maker was a Hit! 

Flavored Syrup and My Vintage Gold Fruit Serving Spoon - It's All in the Details

The Host Chose Mason Jars and Pastel Hues for the Tablescape
The Guest of Honor & Her Baby Girl Were Tickled Pink in Belgian Waffle Delight

Ivana - SL - Ellen - Brook
Surrounded by Mammas-to-Be!

Be a Graceful Host with a 
Belgian Waffle Brunch!

XOXO Sarah Louise









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If we lived closer, I would totally go grocery shopping for you. It's seriously one of my favorite "chores" - if you can even call it that.