Jul 17, 2014

Designer Crush Elizabeth McKay

My Crushes are Rarely of the Hollywood Type.  I Find Awe in the Talent & Artistry of Designers.  Sure the Fancy Haute Couture Pieces are Beautiful and Sometimes Fascinating but What Gets my Heart Fluttering are Simple, Feminine and Colorful Designs.

Elizabeth McKay, Holds the Top Spot on my Favorites.  She's an American Designer (Her Family originated from NC!) who Studied in NYC.  Her Designs Make a Statement with their Detailing and Prominent Prints (Usually Graphic or Safari Inspired).  
McKay is my Muse for my Future Design Goals!

Her 2 Signature Designs the 'Scotland Wrap Dress' and 'Elizabeth Blouse' Live in my Wardrobe by the Multiples!  They Each have a Ruffled Neckline that Adds a Feminine and Sophisticated Touch.  The Dress comes with 2 Sashes: One with 2 Large Shiny Gold Buttons and the Other Made of Self Fabric for Tying.  The Blouse Contains Cufflink Style Hardware Holding the Ruffles in Place (I've Interchanged with my Own Collection of Cufflinks for a Personal Flair).  

It's All About Quality.  EMcKay Pieces are Constructed from Beautiful Silks and Cottons with Rich Colors and Distinctive Patterns.  It's these Fine Qualities that Make Each Garment Perfect for All Occasions: Office, Church, Weddings, Luncheons/Showers Etc...

For the Past 5 Years I've been Collecting EMcKay Designs.  Mr Showers me with at Least One Piece, Sometimes 2 or 3! Every Birthday and Christmas.  I Own Over 30 Tops & Dresses and Just Can't get Enough!  Mr Even Took me to Her Showroom Store in NYC a Couple Years Ago ... Amazing!! Mr & The Store :)

You can Find EMcKay in Specialty Boutiques, I Frequent Charlotte's in Raleigh, NC and Sherman Pickey in Georgetown, DC for All My Must Haves. 

This Summer Scotland Wrap Dress is in a Cotton, Orange Striped Fabric.  The Gold Button Sash Suited My Fancy for this Look but I've been Know to Shake it Up with Various Belt Options. 











Scotland Wrap Dress: Elizabeth McKay | Wedges Kate Spade: Similar |
Turquoise Earrings; Kendra Scott | Handbag: Michael Kors |
Sunglasses: Maui Jim | Essie Polish: Clambake |

Who's Your Designer Crush?!

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pop of color with the earrings.