Nov 25, 2014

Over the Knee

Boots are 'The' Shoe for Fall/Winter and Over the Years Designers have taken their Creations from Basic to Fabulous Creating Unique and Strut Worthy Shoes Gals Can't Resist. From Riding Boots to Booties and Now Trending Over-the-Knee, there's a Plethora of Styles for Every Gal.

My First Introduction to Over-the-Knee Boots was Pretty Woman ... No Offense but Safety Pins and Tiny Spandex aren't my Thing ...  Let's Keep it Classy Gals! 

I wasn't sure I Could Pull Off a Pair as I Skim 5'2" with a Little Teasing of my Mane. 
I wanted to Keep the Heel Closer to the Ground for Comfort and a Modest Look. I didn't want Any Stretchy Elastic on the Boot - It's very Common on Over-the-Knee Boots to Allow for Fit and Movement. 

Tip: I have bigger legs for my shoe size of 6, so I often go a 1/2 -1 shoe size up to allow for more room in the calf so that I can get my jeans in. Just wear a thicker sock to fill the foot space :)

Oh and I didn't want to Spend a Fortune and Let's Face it Quality Leather Boots aren't Cheap!

These Boots were it! They are Soft Black Leather, Flat, and a Pointed Toe for a Dressier Look.

How to Wear 'Over-the-Knee' Boots:

It's All About Proportions!

- Over Jeans: Skinny Jeans are Best to Prevent Bunching. Your Top Should Not Extend Below Your Hips.
- With a Skirt/Dress: The Hem Should be 1-2 Inches Above the Boots
- Leggings: Great for Comfort! Pair with a Tunic/Longer Top that Covers Your Derrière.   








OTK Boots: Vince Camuto || Ivory Flippy Skirt: J Crew Similar and at Factory || 
Beaded Herringbone Sweater: Old J Crew Similar and Here || 

Dress Beautifully in Over-the-Knee Boots

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: