Nov 4, 2014

Soft Neutrals

This Jacket!!  It Encompasses my Favorite Color Palette - Shades of Light Neutrals (If You Know Me or Follow this Blog then You know my Love of White/Ivory)

This Jacket is a Moto Design with Lots of Texture in Boucle Fabric.  This Boucle is a Mix of Intertwined Colors - Gray, Ivory, Tan, Bronze and Gold.
Gold is Another Big Love of Mine - I once had a Gal Pal say to me in all Sincerity "You'd Paint Yourself Gold if You Could" - There is a Hint of Truth in the Laughter that Followed :)

Usually Before I Hit the Storefront , I Pre-Shop Online.  I Get a Feel for What's New & On Sale.  Often the Store is so Full of Pieces it can be a Challenge to Sift Through it All, Especially if You are in a Hurry or With Company.  You can also Overlook a Must Have -
 'Nothing Haunts Us Like the Things We Didn't Buy'  
This Jacket However Didn't Catch my Eye Online, but in Store My Eyes Got Wide, my Jaw Dropped and I Snatched it Off the Rack.

Those Gold Zippers are Shiny!  The Bronze of the Boucle Fabric Shimmers! The Soft Woven Fabric is Warm! The Sleeves are Bracelet Length - Perfect for Showcasing Shirt Cuffs & Bracelets!

I Knew it was Coming Home. (Especially at a Special Sale of 40% Off) Before I Take Items to the Register, Usually when Still in the Dressing Room When I've Decided I Love a Garment, I Think of Where, How and Frequency I will Wear it.

For this Jacket the Answers Came Easy:
Where: Office, Weekend, Church, Date/Evening - Everywhere!
How: Trousers, Sheath & A-Line Dresses (Avoid Shift - Too Boxy), Jeans & Coated Pants, Leather Skirt ... Color Pairings: Burgundy, Navy, Ivory, Black, Red, Purple - ALL Colors (I'd Avoid Gray - Too Monochromatic and would Mask the Pops in the Jacket)
Frequency:  It's Apparent that I can Pair this Jacket with a Plethora of Pieces & Colors so it's Going to Make a Regular Appearance.

I Styled this Piece for the Office in Pairing with Ivory and Nude Creating a Soft & Shiny Neutral Palette. Since it's Fall I Opted for Booties Over Pumps and Rolled my Trouser Cuffs. 
Tip: When Wearing Booties You Want to See a Break Between the Pant & Shoe - Rolling the Cuff to Show a Sliver of Skin is Key.

This Weekend I Plan to Pair with a Basic White or Black Tee, Jeans & Flats.  For Evening, I'll Swap Out the Jeans for Coated Black Skinnies and Heeled Booties.  

Bonus:  This Jacket is Offered with a Matching Skirt. 








Boucle Moto Jacket: Ann Taylor || Ivory Trousers: Old Similar || 
Nude Cami: Similar || Booties: Louise Et Cie || Mrs Necklace: Kate Spade ||
Earrings: Kate Spade Similar || Ring: Similar || Sunglasses: Target || Polish: Fingers & Toes || 

Dress Beautifully in Soft Neutrals

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: