Nov 6, 2014

Black Tie & A Little DIY

This Look is All About Classics & Creativity.

A Few Months Ago I Embarked on a Journey of Learning to Sew, by Enrolling in Classes at my Local Community College.  Somehow by Watching 'Project Runway' I thought I Could Just Make my Own Clothes and they'd be Exactly My Style and Fit Like a Glove.

Well Gals, it's Not that Easy!

For my First Piece I Decided on a Simple Straight Skirt made of a Wool Knit in my Favorite Print, a Houndstooth Glen Plaid.  In the End it wasn't so Hard and it Left Me Wanting to Hit the Fabric Store for More Patterns! 

I'm Currently Taking my Second Class and Sewing my First Dress ... Stay Tuned!!!

The Pink Shirt got it's Start in 1949 when Brooks Brothers Partnered with Vogue to Develop What was Soon to Be an Iconic & Forever Piece in Womenswear! 
You Must Have this Classic in Your Closet & Wear Often ... If You Don't Shame on You! 

And Since there's Nothing Sharper than a Tuxedo,  I Added a Black Bow Tie to my Pink Shirt with a Large Grosgrain Ribbon for a Fancy Finish. 

Take Your Classic Pieces and Get Creative with Your Accessories!






Pink Shirt: Brooks Brothers || Skirt: SL Creation Similar || Booties: Similar ||
Black Tie: Grosgrain Ribbon || Earrings: Kate Spade || Polish: Butter London ||

Dress Beautifully with a Black Tie & a Little DIY!

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: