Dec 16, 2014

Box Top



Boxy Tops have been a Huge Trend this Year.  To me they are reminiscent of the mod era of the 1960's. The trick to styling is keeping your waist defined.

Skinny Pants, Pencil Skirts or Wearing a Crop Style with a High Waisted Skirt/Pant are Key. 

Where Your Boxy Top Hem Hits Your Frame, the Pair Piece Should Be Fitted.

I used to resist tops that were not fitted because I wanted to showcase my petite upper body and felt that paired with my larger lower half a loose top would make me appear bigger than I am. However, the extreme contrast can sometimes accentuate the proportion difference.  

Choose a Boxy Top that is fitted on your shoulders and chest and one that is made of stiff fabric to prevent too much volume and slouchiness. Again, keep your bottom pairing piece fitted to show shape. 

I Love this Top in a Faux Leather Front Fabric and the Back in a Knit (allows for comfortable movement).  I also have a love of the light colors so the Dove Grey adds softness to the Leather Texture.  I paired it with a flippy mini skirt in a poppy red color (it is Holiday time and nothing screams Christmas like the color red).  The Skirt works because it's a flat front with a subtle flip at the hem.  It's also a shorter length so you're not drowning in fabric.  

For a casual look I plan to style this leather grey boxy top with skinny jeans and layered with a crisp white shirt underneath. 




Leather Boxy Top: Loft || Flippy Skirt: J Crew Similar || Grey Booties: J Crew || 

Dress Beautifully in a Boxy Top

XOXO Sarah Louise 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow,very nice dress,love it. at aiven.co.uk, i have bought a evening dresses for my upcoming dresses,and i think if i have dress like this one will be OK in warmer days.

Zumi said...

This is a worth reading article and your insights are impressive.

Cheers!

ideal shirts bangkok
ideal shirts for men bangkok
shirts for men bangkok
Ideal neckties bangkok
ideal cuff links bangkok
cuff links shirts bangkok
ideal shirts thailand
cuff links shirts bangkok