Dec 4, 2014

Tartan



Tartan is a pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colors - Otherwise known as Plaid.  Traditionally 'Tartan' Plaid consists of navy, dark green and a signature woven red.

For the Scottish, Tartan plaid is worn all year long in their kilts. For me, and I'm going to assume most americans, I associate tartan plaid with the Winter months as it's typically constructed in wool fabrics.  I particularly love to incorporate Tartan plaid at Christmas time.

I found these festive pants a couple of years ago and loved their straight leg design. 
I styled this look encompassing all the basic elements: color, pattern, texture & shine.
Who doesn't love to add (faux) leather and gold in their outfits??!! 

Ot





Faux Leather Top: Loft || Tartan Pants: J Crew (old) Similar & Here & Here || 
Gold Pumps: Nine West Love These & this pair of Flats || 

Dress Beautifully in Tartan Plaid

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: