May 27, 2015

LWD


LWD- Little White Dress

I can not have enough white in my wardrobe! It's seriously an addiction.  I would wear head-to-toe white everyday if I could, ok that's a little much and I can't just abandon color but I truly love wearing white. So, naturally between Easter and Labor Day most of my looks incorporate white. 

White is crisp and clean.  It brightens with a it's blank canvass.  It's contrast, black, is the staple neutral for most gals - for me I own very little black.  Yes, black is classic, slimming and not so fragile but white is just as essential.  Anything can be slimming in the right cut and fabric.  White is equally as classic, just a lighter version but I can't argue that it is a 'careful' color to wear. Meaning no one wants to wear visible dirt or stains and when wearing white that's something to consider.

This white dress caught my eye for it's fabric, sleeves, and waist sash!  I'm digging the trending rolled sleeve.  I've seen it a lot on dresses over the past 2 seasons and I find it adds a touch of casual. It creates a large cap sleeve giving lots of room for movement and also slims the arms with it's larger opening. 

The waist sash is the best thing you can do for any gal to create shape.  The pleated cummerbund sits right below the rib cage/above the belly button at the smallest part of a lady.  The side attached sash allows you to further pull in the waist and add extra femininity with a bow. 

The fabric is a light weight cotton perfect for the heat of Summer.  Because it is white and in a light weight fabric lining is key - no one needs to see what's underneath!

I paired this dress with nude pumps and added a pop of color and interest with a large bib necklace made of purple stones.  This necklace was a find! It's not in my usual taste of delicate and shiny baubles but it's a natural beauty. 

Wear this dress to the office or to a summer soiree!

Replace your LBD for a LWD this Summer









Dress: Anthropologie || Pumps: Nine West || Necklace: TJ Maxx ||
Bracelet: Hermes || Polish: Essie ||

Dress Beautifully in a Little White Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: