May 25, 2015

Stars & Stripes


Today is Memorial Day - a day to remember those so brave that sacrificed for our freedom.  We celebrate today with weekends at the beach, backyard barbecues, and the company of great friends cherishing the blessing to live in America!  For me, married to a US Naval Officer and with family members who have served, I have a greater appreciation for what that sacrifice means.  

Just recently we came to learn that Mr will not be completing his service in January but rather continuing as the battalion surgeon for a marine unit overseas for 9 months.  We will be separated almost a year -NOT our plan.  I have moments of sadness as I prepare to move into our new home (Excitement to share soon!) alone but days like today, I'm proud to sacrifice my Mr for a short time as there are others that sacrificed much more! 

So I ask you to take a moment and give gratitude for those that made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can freely enjoy this beautiful day! 

Now, this top! As soon as I saw it in the catalog fresh out of my mail box I had to have it. I instantly knew it would be perfect for summer holidays and soirees! The construction with bands of heavy elastic, create a strong shape.  The sweetheart crossing lines and peplum flair have a vintage look with a modern touch added in the exposed back zipper.   I paired it with high waisted white skinnies but plan to style with navy/denim shorts, black culottes, and perhaps a pencil skirt. 

This top is fun, flirty and forever a festive piece for your wardrobe! 











Top: Anthropologie || White Jeans: Loft || Heels: Similar || 
Earrings: Kate Spade || Polish: Essie || 

Dress Beautifully in Stripes

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: