Jul 27, 2015

Color Block


Black & white is the most classic combination.  It's the highest contrast between light and dark.  It gives a clean, sharp and polished look.

I tend to keep my tops and dresses fitted/tailored on my upper body as it's the most flattering on my shape.  Lately, the boxy and shorter hems are trending for tops/blouses.

I try and follow my own rules so instead of walking past I try on.  The key to wearing the boxy tops is to ensure they are fitted on the shoulders and chest and keep your skirt or pant fitted higher on the waist so you still see the shape of your body.

I adore this fit and flare skirt and have it in two other colors that I've posted here and here.  It's a fun skirt and I often do a twirl in the mirror when getting dressed :)

This blouse not only has great architectural shape but is breezy and cool to survive the summer heat.

I did add some gold accessory for some shine and a blush handbag for just a subtle pop of color.






Blouse: J Crew Factory || Flare Skirt: J Crew || Bracelet: J Crew ||
Earrings: Towne & Reese || Shoes: Similar || Handbag: Tory Burch || 

Dress Beautifully in Black and White

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: