Jul 13, 2015

Graphic Embroidery


Embroidery is one of my favorite embellishments.  I find it to be classic and sophisticated.  Sure rhinestones and beading are fun but save that for special occasions or use jewelry.

I've noticed that colorful, floral 'boho' styled embroidery is trending for this year's spring and summer.   Especially in a front bib design, like this sundress. I appreciate the detail and ethnic vibe, but my style's a bit more ladylike and polished.

This top brings a sophisticated take on the embroidered trend.  In a graphic design, this front bib detail is sure to be noticed.  There are even little dark beads on the bib giving a little luster and texture.  The geometric lines add a modern touch.

The embroidery is black but honestly you could easily style as navy because the detail is so small.  My personal rule - if you can't tell if it's black or navy, you style as both!

I love to mix my dark shades with pastels.  It's a way of transitioning those fall/winter pieces into the warmer season and spring/summer pieces into the colder season.  It also conveys unexpected contrast.

I paired this top with powder blue straight trousers (check out the side slit hem) black shoes & handbag to compliment the black embroidery.  Powder blue is one of my favorite colors to wear - It literally goes with everything!

This top is all year with blazers/jackets and all occasion paired with dark jeans and colored skirts/shorts.








Embroidered Top: Ann Taylor (Dress & Jacket Version) || Trousers: J Crew Factory || 
Heeled Sandals: Nine West || Handbag: Prada || Bracelet: David Yurman ||

Dress Beautifully in an Embroidered Top

XOXO Sarah Louise 

No comments: