Jul 23, 2015

The Wives Club

Are you watching 'The Astronaut Wives Club' on ABC Thursday nights??
If not, get online, catch up and program your DVR.
I anxiously awaited it's premiere along with my neighbor, a fellow military wife.

You see, there is a strong and unique bond amongst the wives of men who bravely sacrifice and embark on dangerous missions.  It is us wives that are left behind to faithfully cheer them on, keep our home together and pray for their safe return.
We truly are steel magnolias wearing our smiles while often filled with fear inside.

This show depicts the wives perspective, a point of view rarely conveyed.  Though it takes place around 50 years ago, there are vast commonalities to today's military wives.
Over the past two years I have grown to lean and rely on fellow military wives for guidance, support and lots of laughter (mostly over glasses of wine)!

I served on a boards of non-profits composed of military spouses and was even president of one this past year. We come together in support of our country, husbands, each other and our community, for we know the great social and service needs.

We are often lonely, scared and wishing our husbands were home. I can count the number of days Mr has been home this year and that number isn't high. I know this next year will be a challenge but thank goodness for my 'wives' to get me through!

No matter your circumstance, we all need gal pals to cheers our good times and stand by our sides for the tough times.  If you aren't already, get together with your gal pals and form your own club (we're not too old!) single, married, mammas, what ever suits your fancy.

Book clubs are a great way to get together (supper clubs are great too but we all know the kitchen is foreign territory to me). I failed to share with you my summer readying list a couple months back - but honestly I read all year (the scenery's just better by the beach - Amen?!!)

The Astronaut Wives Club is a non-fiction book (the bases for the tv show).  I haven't read nonfiction since undergrad and surprisingly this was far from boring! It was on my book list as soon as I found out about it.  I read it in just a few days and found myself relating immensely to the astro wives.

I read almost every night before bed ... I find it to be a calming routine.


Here's what's on my list to read ....

I've read all of her books - great beach read

This one is trending on the book scene - I'm anxious to read


I recently met Kristy at a book signing! 
She's a delight and graciously gave me encouragement!

Several of my gal pals enjoy reading Elin's books - It's about time I join in

 Coming 8/4/2015
Jen is HILARIOUS! I literally LOL 

Coming  8/11/2015

Consider adding 'The Astronaut Wives Club' to your reading and watching list :)


Dress Beautifully at the Next Meeting of Your 'Wives' Club

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: