Jul 15, 2015

Flutter


Surprise! I'm wearing black!  It's rare, so take note. I prefer white, ivory and navy as my neutrals.  And in this Southern Summer heat - black is never a consideration (unless it's a bikini).
Believe it or not this dress does come in white - I'm stepping out gals.

There is a way to wear black and not suffer from a heat stoke.  There's also a way to wear black beyond suiting.

This black dress is in a swiss dot cotton fabric.  It's light weight with textured raised balls/dots. The straight shift design combined with the breathable fabric makes it fitting for warm weather.   As if the swiss dot fabric wasn't enough. the sheer flutter sleeves give it extra interest and femininity.

I have very small shoulders and the added volume on the sleeve adds proportion.  I also like to keep the details and interest around the upper half of my garments, drawing the eye higher towards the face.
P.S.  Larger sleeves above the elbow are slimming on the arms

I chose light colored accessories to contrast the darkness.
Pair with heels for the office or sandals for weekend.





Flutter Swiss Dot Dress: J Crew Factory & in White || Shoes: Nine West || 
Mother of Pearl Earrings: Kendra Scott || Handbag: Tory Burch || 

Dress Beautifully in a Flutter Sleeve

XOXO Sarah Louise 

No comments: