Sep 2, 2016

Friday 5: Loafers

The menswear inspired loafer will be one of the sharpest addition to you wardrobe.

Back in the 90's these were all the rage.  Especially with a big block heel.  I strutted around in a pair regularly in high school.  As I slowly see the trends from my teenage years coming back, I do appreciate today's modern approach with sleeker, more feminine designs.

I'm dying to add a pair of loafers to my closet for Fall.  The only reasons I haven't yet is because it's too darn hot to wear right now and they would just be a big tease and I can't decide on which pair.

These aren't just for the office or for pairing with trousers.  They are so chic with skinny jeans or a feminine dress for contrast.  And let's not forget comfortable with their supportive soles and complete toe coverage.

Confession: I Hate toe cleavage.  Probably because I have terrible arthritis in my feet and can't stand  shoe seams to hit my joints but mostly because foot exposure is for sandals.  If you're going to wear a flat go all the way and cover the toes!

So here are 5 loafers I've got my eyes on ...

Shiny Black:  I've tried these on and they're on the very top of my list to purchase.  They're classic, but I believe the biggest reason is the exaggerated pointy toe.  It's elongating and feminine giving you the line of a pump without the pinching and heel.

Gunmetal:  I like the idea of a shiny metallic for a statement.  The layered, perforated fringe and bit across the front ice the cake.  I've tried these on as well and as always this brand never disappoints.  The only thing holding me back on these is they do draw attention to the feet and ankles and those just aren't my best asset.

Fringe:  Nude is my #1 color choice for any shoe.  I love the sleek design and simplicity of this pair.  They're in the running for sure!

Burgundy: I'm not really a red fan, but when it comes to Fall/Winter a rich pinot color is one of my favorites.  It's a neutral and goes with everything.

Two Toned Tassels: These are beautiful!! A perfect blend of masculine and feminine. They come is several two-toned colors but again I love the lighter shades.  I also like the minimal heel.

Choosing a loafer is going to be difficult! Can I have 2 pairs? or 3??  #decisionsdecisions


Shiny Black  -  Gunmetal   -  Fringe  -  Burgundy  -  Two-Toned Tassel 

Dress Beautifully in Loafers

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: