Sep 14, 2016

Kick Crop


Jeans are far from simple.  There are so many washes, cuts and just over the past several years distressing that a pair of jeans can have.  Jeans are universally the hardest to fit.  Personally, I feel it can be more difficult than swimsuits!

When you find a great fitting pair of jeans it's like finding a pot of gold.  For me the challenge is that my legs are full and my waist is smaller so finding a pair that can fit those proportions can be somewhat of a treasure hunt.  And let's not forget my derriere, it isn't lacking in fullness either.

I look for darker washes with some slight color shading, a higher waist and a lower back pocket placement. I believe that you don't have to have tons of jeans but definitely a variety.  A dark wash, medium wash, skinnies, boyfriend/distressed and of a course a couple pairs of white jeans for the summer. A pair for casual Fridays, a pair for a night out and a pair for casual situations.

One of this season's trends is the kick crop jean.  It's basically the boot cut from the early 2000's in a crop/ankle length design. Some other elements you'll see on denim this season is a selvage hem and wide leg cuts.

Over the past year I've fallen for Madewell's denim.  It's super soft just a hint of stretch (I find that too much stretch is unflattering as I don't want a second skin on my legs but rather a slight skim). I like their washes and slightly higher waists.

I'm not afraid to try new things and this pair was no exception.  I rarely hop on the latest trends, I like to watch them play out for a hot minute to see if it's something that's going to stick around and worth investing in. But I must say I'm digging this kick crop denim.

It's almost like a straight leg but with an ever so slight flair.  It's definitely slimming on the leg and shows off a great pair of shoes.  The undone hem detail gives them a modern, more casual vibe.
To me I find them reminiscent of the 70's and I Love me some 70's fashion!!

This top has a kick crop flair to it as well.  It's a little shorter in length but far far from a 'crop top' and it has a peplum.  It's a fun version of the crisp white shirt.

Since both this blouse and jeans are casual I went with a polished pump to dress it up, but try an ankle strap sandal or for easy comfort a ballet flat.

If you look closely you find a sneak peek at a fun clutch I'll be sharing with you next week :)








Dress Beautifully in a Pair of Kick Crop Jeans

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: