Sep 8, 2016

Striped Shoulder Ruffles


This top is an eye catcher.  It blends the off the shoulder trend with a classic crisp blouse.  I've loved showing my shoulders this summer in those shimmy worthy numbers but with this blouse you can wear a regular bra (there's nothing comfortable about a strapless after 4 hours) and it's appropriate for work or weekend.

I love that it mixes fun and flirty ruffles with a classic blue stripe. Like I shared on Tuesday's post I am holding on to lighter color pairings and will move to darker richer shades once Fall's cooler temperatures finally decided to come around. So I paired this blouse with blush trousers and for a touch of sass, leopard calf haired flats.  #leopardisaneutral

Now, I do want to address a potential concern.  Several reviews and gal pals of mine that have tried this blouse feel that it makes shoulders appear too broad.  Yes, this design does add volume and draws attention to the shoulders.  Personally, I have a smaller upper body and larger lower.  If you have a similar shape this can be very flattering. It balances and actually makes your lower body look smaller.  This top is also nice if you are smaller chested.

You know I always share with you alternative styling options for pieces in my writing because while my go-to dressing works for me you may have a different preference.  And I also want to express the versatility of pieces.  It's not a good investment if you can only wear it one way. So one of my loyal readers requested I illustrate other styling options (please keep the comments coming!).

So here ya go ....










Leopard Calf Hair Flats & Here & Here || 

Dress Beautifully in Ruffles

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: