Sep 25, 2016

Pinot & Pleats


Back in the 80's and 90's a dress or skirt that fell below the knee and above the ankle was referred to as 'Tea' length.  Today it's referred to as 'Midi'.  I've see this longer hem line trend grow over the past few seasons but as a petite gal at 5'2" I shied away as I was fearful that the extra fabric would overwhelm.  But it's something that's been tugging at me to try.

I found the perfect skirt!  It has all the right elements.  High waist, light fabric and flattering fit.
In a delicate chiffon fabric and accordion pleats it has ladylike movement (I have to try really hard not to twirl).  The front and back panels are flat, preventing too much volume.  I believe that one of the most important design components is the higher waist.  It creates shape and long lines.

What made this skirt even more beautiful and ideal for me was the ivory color.  It's truly my favorite and the most abundant color in my closet.  And just because Summer is technically over doesn't mean you go dark.  No, you can't wear white shoes, pants or dresses but nothing is more refreshing than the coolness of ivory. It's all year appropriate.  Just swap out your pastels and brights for richer hues like this burgundy blouse.

While it's still warm I'm wearing this skirt with light weight tops but a fitted long sleeve tee or sweater with booties are the plan for a casual look come cooler weather.

Go longer with a midi pleated skirt!








Dress Beautifully in a Pleated Midi Skirt

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: