Sep 6, 2016

Light & Leopard

Wait I'm not ready ...

OK, let's do this.  Unless you're a new reader everyone knows I LOVE animal prints.  I'm open to all of the markings on God's creatures but I do have my favorites.  Leopard is at the top of the list.  I know that there are gals out there that shy away from animal prints - I truly have no idea why! They are found in nature, think of them as organic :)

Now, that's not to say that all garments in animal print are worth wearing.  Fabric, color and design all play a role.

This skirt is rather distinct in its fabric but the cut and colors are exaggerated just right.  This skirt is higher waisted as well as a tad longer creating the illusion of height - I'll take all I can get! It also has a self fabric sash to cinch in the waist, extra plus.  Now the print is in a medium to larger size and in bolder colors but the real uniqueness is in the fabric.  It's hard to tell in pictures (trust me I scouted this number out in the catalog and was shocked when I first got to touch it).  It's got a synthetic slick feel, almost like that of a rain coat.  Although I was surprised, I still took it to the dressing room because I believe in always trying on, especially the pieces that make you hesitate. It's the unexpected that become winners. 

Confession:  I originally wanted the dress version but the fit wasn't quite right for me.

Now that Summer is 'technically' over, here in the South the heat lingers for another couple more months, I would suggest pair with a darker shade like burgundy, denim or black.  But in holding on to the wonderful days of Summer, I went with a pastel pink, crisp dress shirt.  These are staples in all colors in my wardrobe. 

Gals, a leopard skirt is a year round garment that not only has style but gives you that fierce vibe you need to strut your best. Go get you one!











Dress Beautifully in Leopard

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: