Dec 1, 2016

Houndstooth


The weekend is just a hop, skip and a jump away!  I know we just had a big long Thanksgiving holiday ... about that, sorry for the blog break but a timeout was just what I needed and besides I'm hoping you were like me, soaking up moments with the ones you love and focusing on all there is to be grateful for!

When it comes to the holiday season, tis the time to dress beautifully for all those festive fetes. As much as I love sparkle, lace and shine I don't find it wise to invest in cocktail dresses that get worn once maaaaybe twice.  I believe in owning pieces that are versatile and that means investing in classic, quality pieces that fit for multiple occasions and this dress fits the bill.

This dress is not only fun with it's flirty hem ruffles but it's in a brushstroke houndstooth print, my Most Favorite print EVER! Houndstooth has been my favorite since my college days.  It's timeless and not overly anything.  What I mean is isn't not too feminine/masculine, not too graphic/abstract, not too warm weather/cold, not color/neutral specific and perfect in any home designed in drapes/upholstery.

You can wear this beauty to the office, date night, holiday party, church, basically anywhere you want. The silk fabric gives it a luxurious sheen and all season wear.

Stay tuned - Five ways to style this houndstooth number on tomorrow's Friday 5 post!

Oh and I finally jumped on the tassel earring trend!  I went with black as I knew they weren't an everyday kind of bauble and black goes perfectly for dressy occasions. I must say, I wish I had jumped on board sooner.  Despite their slightly heavy weight they're fun, elongating on the face and show off nicely with a pulled back hairdo.








Dress Beautifully in Houndstooth

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: