May 15, 2017

In the Garden of Pretty Dresses





April showers really do bring May flowers. 


Since purchasing our home (almost 2 years ago #timeflies!), we have worked hard to improve overhaul our landscaping to reflect a clean, modern and manicured property. The first year was straight demolition with cutting down trees, removing those horrid sticky holly bushes, ripping out ivy and raking hundreds of bags of leaves.  I seriously have PTSD but it was an enormous stress reliever while Mr was deployed.  This year is the fun part, watching our grass grow, at least for me since I’m not the one cutting it, sorry Mr, planting new bushes, and the pretty part, the flowers. 

 

With our busy schedules I knew a garden and/or fragile flowers were not a smart choice and I just hate it when I kill a plant (over the years it’s been a mass casualty situation every summer #thestruggleisreal).  So I took lessons learned and planted knockout roses, lavender and hot pink geraniums (my grandma’s fav flower).  They have all done so well; so much that I simply walk outside and snip a few of the roses to use as table centerpieces.  

 

I really should get around to all of those home décor posts!

 

It all goes back to my belief that everything looks better with pink and red.  I can’t decide which of the two I favor more as an accent color, I mean they are shades of each other.  As I age I’m finding I gravitate towards red… see my latest splurge on Instagram J

 

So I should get to talking about this precious dress ….  At first glance I think ‘Garden Party’.  I absolutely loved the book/movie ‘The Secret Garden’ as a little girl.  Whenever I travel to any historic property they always have immaculate gardens that to me have a magical fairytale sense about them. Nowadays, unless you live on a lot of land and have lots of time/a green thumb, you don’t see backyard flower gardens often.  The world has become too busy!

 

This dress in a delicate chiffon fabric with a delicate print, in soft delicate colors and finished with delicate ruffled trim is the essence of femininity. And then there’s the beaded flower neckline.  Details!

 

I love the elements of blush and yellow on the skirt and how the ruffles move when I walk. It’s semi-fitted with a waist seam that skims the body beautifully. I have proof it’s timeless because I showed it to my Mamma yesterday when she was over for Mother’s Day and she not only loved it but shared she had a dress just like it decades ago. 

 

This dress is perfectly fitting for all those upcoming showers, weddings, soirees or just Sunday morning church service.  Just wear it when you want to feel pretty! 

 

Maybe, throw yourself a sweet little tea party in your back yard J  I seriously might do that, my Mamma just gifted me her gorgeous vintage wrought iron table and chair set!








Garden Dress  ||  Pumps & Similar ||  Handbag  || Earrings  ||

Dress Beautifully in a Garden Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: