Mar 19, 2018

Mamma Monday: Magic Beauty

Now that I'm a Mamma my time is not my own - Vivian Louise clearly rules over my schedule however I'm working so hard to create a routine that creates pockets of time while she sleeps for productivity and that allows us both to get a good night sleep. Read the book BabyWise (it's taken us much longer since she was a preemie but I'm seeing progress!)

Since time is limited I do not primp to the full extent that I used to.  Also being on maternity leave I don't have to be dolled up every day. But, gals it's not my style to be in yoga pants with my hair in a bun all day.  It makes me feel good to spruce up, even just a little every day.

So these days I have mini primp sessions.
Confession: sometimes they don't happen til mid morning ... ok at the latest early afternoon.  I have to get my work out in first.

My beauty products have to be high performers because the lack of sleep has a high impact. So I want to share with you products that have 'magic' abilities to make me feel and look beautiful despite the absence of beauty sleep.


Under Eye Concealer: Like I said, MAGIC!  Just a tiny amount and my green eyes are bright and wide awake.  This tube will last you forever.

Nail Polish:  I can't stand for my nails to be naked.  I like them short and filed (long nails gross me out). I try and use the time while I'm pumping to paint them.  My favorite polish color is 'Clambake' by Essie.  I'm pretty sure this is my 4th bottle.

Dry Shampoo: My whole life I've never washed my hair but every few days.  It's incredibly thick, dry and naturally wavy so there's no need.  And who has time to blow dry and style a lion mane more than that?? I use this dry shampoo on days 3 & 4.  Beyond that I wear a hat!  It smells so good and truly refreshes my mane.

Mascara:  I've been wearing this mascara for at least 9 years.  I have super pale eyelashes so with out it my eyes look very odd. It makes the world of difference.

Brow Powder:  Along with my eyelashes my eyebrows are very pale (red hair problems) and thin. Brows really frame the face so by filling them in you add great definition. I've been using this product for several years now.  It's a cream powder that I feather into my own brows with a brush. It's also the only one I've found that matches my red hair.

Liquid Lipstick: This is more like a stain.  It's creamy and intense on color so it will last all day long. I put it on very lightly and use gloss on top throughout the day.  My lips are small so it helps to add strong color.


While I'm not putting on a full face on the daily, these few products make a huge difference.
And for the days that my face is all natural there's camera filters :) haha

Dress Beautifully with a Mini Primp Session

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: