Mar 27, 2018

Statement Sleeves


It seams like a majority of tops (and dresses) these days all have statement sleeves and for a gal that prefers sleeveless I find my self a bit frustrated.  You can go overboard designers.

It's not that statement sleeves aren't pretty, I just find them overwhelming and in the way.  I also have petite arms so not always a good fit.

This top hit the mark for fit and embracing the trending statement sleeve.  I actually purchased it when I was still pregnant with baby girl as a potential top for her newborn pictures.
The top is made of a heavier off-white fabric so it lays nicely without being see through.  The sleeves work because the 2 layers of ruffles start at the elbow leaving the upper arm slim and end far above the wrist as to not be in the way.

I paired it with these frayed crop jeans and velvet heels for a more casual/night out look.  Because that's what I have on my mind being cooped up with a baby all day!  When I'm back at work a skirt or trousers will pair perfectly.

Note:  I wore this top to church this past Sunday with a pink skirt and the sleeves were never in my way. Meaning I managed to not dip them in my plate during Sunday supper because again length was just right!

I always like to add some print somewhere in my outfits and animal is my first choice most of the time so I chose this snake bag. Subtle and neutral.







Earrings  ||  Initial Necklace  || 

Dress Beautifully in a Statement Sleeve Top

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: