Mar 7, 2018

Mixed Florals

Gals! I'm back!  I was supposed to be back Monday BUT sweet baby Vivian Louise wasn't quite ready.  I decided to give myself 2 months off because maternity leave is necessary time to take care of your newborn (and yourself).  Also the priority list has been permanently rearranged.  I'm doing my best to keep Mr #1 but baby girl is right at the top.  Let me back track God is first Amen! Following that it's my relationships, my health (workouts will always trump a blog post) my home and then all the work/other stuff.

This blog is a hobby and something I enjoy however when it's inconsistent my type A self gets antsy so I'm doing my best to create a new structure/routine and distribute my time as best I can.
Putting my planner to work!

Disclaimer:  My figure is NOT back to it's pre baby shape :(  While I'm slowly slipping back into my clothes and working out as much as I can I'm learning it takes time and no matter what as long as I'm nursing the boulders will remain large :( They are the HARDEST part about getting dressed.

I'll write about workouts later.


So for my first outfit post I picked this mixed floral silk midi dress.  I saw it in the catalog and loved the feminine design.  I also noticed the button front and thought 'oh nursing friendly' (although I have yet to do it outside my home - and probably won't not my thing!)

Then I was nervous about fitting.  I don't want to invest in clothing a size bigger to accommodate my chest when this is so temporary.  I believe in buying clothes that serve as forever pieces and it shows because I wear garments purchased from many years back. I also haven't changed size in over 10 years (it's all about healthy lifestyle: eat clean & exercise)

This dress has a forgiving design so when the girls are smaller this dress will still look fantastic.

I love this clothing company it's just a shame it's out of the UK so online ordering only but I find the pieces run true to size.  The fabrics and designs are modest and feminine.
There's even a baby/children's line that is adorable!





The one thing I would change, and was hoping to show you, is the belt.  When a dress comes with a self fabric sash I almost always swap it out for one of my belts.  I have quite the collection of vintage belts that have interesting buckles.  It also adds texture and personal style.
BUT the belt I ordered as a prize for myself when earning my waistline back is on backorder!  I've been waiting almost 2 months and it still isn't here UGH
I guess it's fine because those abs aren't steel yet.






Dress Beautifully in a Floral Midi Dress

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: