May 15, 2020

Friday Favorites: Book Worm

TGIF! We have a sunny and warm weekend ahead of us and I plan to enjoy it outside playing with Vivian, exercising and reading a good book.  Summer is my reading season.  The days are longer and there's nothing better than sitting with your toes in the sand and a good book in your hands.


While our beach vacation is cancelled the hammock in our back yard is a second best place to sit back and escape. I've been making a point to spend some of nap time laying in it and reading. Gals, it's been so good for me.  It is hard for me to slow down and not be doing 'all the things' but I'm following the wise advise from my Mamma and she's always right!

I encourage you to put down the list or even half the list, that's been best for me (I can't totally let go) and leave your realty to dive into someone else's story.

I'm not going to pretend to be a resource for great literature, great fashion, yes! I don't read anything sophisticated but more light, fun and relatable.  My favorite books are those written by female authors and take place in the South. I've read all of the book written by Mary Kay Andrews & Kristy Woodson Harvey both have new releases this month.  I actually met Kristy several years ago when we lived on the coast. She was doing a book signing for her first novel at one of my favorite coastal shops.  She was such a delight and encouraged me to keep going with my blog. XOXO

Try Book of the Month for a variety of books and even set up a club with your gal pals.  I did it when Ryan & were in the military and had a blast. Jenna Bush Hager & Reese Witherspoon also have great book clubs.

So excited to crack open Kristy's latest book!

Happy Reading Gals!

Dress Beautifully with a Good Book in Hand

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: