May 18, 2020

Mamma Monday: Playdate but Make it Fashion


Playdates have never been my thing and heavens no to hosting them (not raising my hand to have tornadoes run through our home).  The reality is you're wrangling your little rascal amongst other little rascals going crazy outside of their normal environment all while trying to hold an adult conversation. Not to mention the struggle of sharing!

BUT I'd give anything to be in a room where Vivian can play with other kids and I can fellowship with my gal pals right about now! 

AND when I can, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be dressed for it. 

Let me say 'no offense' first (b/c some are sensitive about their leggings) but there are plenty of 'play on the floor' approved pieces that do not involve spandex athletic wear. I stand for motherhood that is practical, put together and dressed beautifully. 

Tips:  
1. A pair of gold hoops instantly elevates your look no matter how casual.
2. Dark colors & prints hide any soiling that may occur from outside or art activities
3. Flat, secure shoes allow you to chase after your littles
4. Cotton is King.  It breaths, washes well and allows you to stay cool
5. Tuck in or belt when possible. It turns your shape from loose to defined

Here are 7 outfits that are playdate perfect ...

Note:  I've linked options that you can pick up on your next #targetrun



I found the one I'm wearing at my local target but sadly not online - it's in a cotton poplin that's comfortable and chic with puff sleeves! Jumpsuits are as easy as dresses in their 'one piece and done' design. They also give you a little more alone time in the bathroom haha



Graphic tees are all the rage and very youthful (I'll take all the help I can get).  Besides being extremely comfortable and easy, they allow you to present your personality. 
Bonus: there's nothing to match - they go with all colors and prints.



The denim shorts I'm wearing are from J crew several years ago but the ones I linked above have great reviews and I'd purchase if I needed another pair.


Tank | Duster | Mom Jeans | Flats |

This is the only duster I own but I believe they are great for adding a long line on the body. They also give great coverage, concealing problem areas without giving you a heat stroke.
A high waisted distressed jean is comfortable and modern.
Bonus: You won't have to shave your legs


Fitted Tee | Skirt - Similar | Wrap Sandals - Similar |

An elastic waist floral skirt will be one of your best friends.  They stretch for the perfect placement and stay in place (a skirt that spins is so frustrating).  Great for tucking in tops and not having to constantly be shoving them back in. Oh and they create a small waist. #bff

Wrap sandals are one of my favorite trends and on the top of my recommendation for your Spring/Summer wardrobe.  I've eyed these for a few years but held back because my ankles are the least petite part of me.  In efforts to squash my insecurities I threw my hands up and ordered them.  I'm going to do my best to strut confidently - which shouldn't be hard seeing how cute and crazy comfortable they are.
Tip: Don't wear them shopping or anywhere you'll have to take your shoes off - nobody has time to be lacing/tying them up over and over. 


Tiered Dress | Sneakers - Similar |

Tiered and a-line dresses are the perfect shape for having to move around and sit with maximum coverage.  Sleeveless is best for balance so that you're not overwhelmed with voluminous fabric.
Slip on a sneaker and you're not only ready to run around with your littles but look super chic.



Denim Shirt - Similar - Here  | Wide leg Crop Pants - Here | Sandals |

Wide leg crop pants are my jam! Super comfortable, slimming and pair perfectly with any shoe.  This is key in creating casual look with flats and dressier with heels.
You can't go wrong with a denim top b/c it's durable to whatever your mamma life throws at it and matches literally everything!


Gracious I hope we all get to have a playdate sooner rather than later b/c having fun together is the best place to be!

Dress Beautifully at Your Next Playdate

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: