May 11, 2020

Smile Style


Gals, I hope no matter your place I hope you had a very blessed Mother's Day.
I spent Saturday visiting my Mamma with Vivian for the first time in months and it mended my very broken heart from missing her.  And Sunday, I was privileged to teach my 'borrowed children' in our virtual Sunday school class, worship with online church service and spend the remainder of the day playing and having dinner outside.  I try and live al fresco! Grateful to my husband for celebrating me, especially after 2 overnight shifts at the hospital. 

Nothing makes my smile bigger than my family. As genuine as the happiness that makes it, is the lipstick that makes it so bright.  I always always have color on my lips. They are super small and pale so it really makes a difference on my appearance! While nudes and matte finishes are all the rage, I prefer saturated color and shine.

Even on days at home when I take a break from a full face of makeup, I have on lip color.  
It prevents me from completely scaring myself when I walk past mirrors 😳

So here are my go-to's for giving my smile style ...


Clockwise Left to Right:

1. Giorgio Armani Red- This is a creamy stain that's rich without being dry.  It lasts nearly all day and layers great under a glass if you want to add a little shine.  This is what I wear the most in my outfits pictures on this blog, evenings out and to church.

2. Tarte Lip Balm - I discovered this must have last Fall and it is indeed a MUST.  It is made of healthy ingredients and truly hydrates making my lips so soft.  The only thing that's not my favorite is that the color is extremely sheer. Most gals love this aspect but my lack luster pout needs all the pigment it can get. It is what I wear most at home and on top of my saturated lip colors.

3. Nars Satin Lipstick Pencil - This an long lasting pencil in saturated and vibrant colors. I like this one for something fun and different in the warmer months.  I will keep my eyes softer and more neutral when I wear it.

4. BareMinerals Lipstick - I wear this one in color Bloom during the day and second to my red lip color. It's a neutral but saturated with a hint of pink pigment.  It lasts all day and doesn't rub off on Vivian which is my favorite because I can't resist covering her with kisses!  I'm on my third stick I love it so much. 

5. Too Faced Lip Injection - I inherited this one from my sister. It will give your lips lots of tingle! I layer it on top of my lipsticks when I'm getting all gassed up.  It's a fun product and definitely worth trying if you have a petite pout like mine. 

6. Buxom Lip Cream - This one is a creamy gloss in a bright pink - 'Berry Blast'.  I love this thick colorful gloss for a softer pretty look during the day. 


7. BareMinerals Shimmer Lip Gloss - I've been wearing this one in color 'daredevil' for over 10 years. It's a berry color with a hint of sparkle. 

I'm clearly a creature of habit when it comes to my lip sticks but every now and then I do like to try new ones - this is one I want to try. 


Dress Your Smile Beautifully

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: