Aug 23, 2021

Summer Sips

 A refreshing cold beverage really hits the spot on a hot Summer day! #ahhh

Vivian loves the lemonade & cookies after church on Summer Sundays

Ryan always says 'hydrate or die' during a workout or outside in the heat.  I'm pretty sure he picked it up during his military days or at work in the hospital ... for all I know all the cool kids are saying it. Either way it's true. 

Every. Single. New Year's I add the same little goal, drink more water.  I never do. My sister is always nagging me about it. I'm at a place of acceptance that my intake of black coffee will outweigh that of H2O.

Take me on a date, girls' night or somewhere on a beach and I'll happily sip with a smile. But beverages aren't just for fun, they're also a way to extend hospitality. Upon greeting your guests one of the first questions I believe you should ask is, "May I bring you something to drink?"

It makes guests feel welcome, comfortable (having something in your hands is calming and prevents fidgeting) and avoids parching while having conversation. The beverage itself can actually spark chit chat. 


I'm the farthest thing from a foodie ... I don't even think there's an antonym for foodie but if there was it would accurately describe me.  So this post is the closest thing you'll see to anything on consumption. 

Here are my favorite Summer Sips ...


1. Paloma - I discovered the deliciousness that is this tequila cocktail in Kiawah Island with Ryan.


2. Slightly Sweetened Iced Tea - possibly spiked :)

Tip: Sip and sit for a spell on the front porch or out back ... whereever you can catch a breeze!


4.  Bubbles - especially to cheers with!

And for when it's mid-day and your toddler's bedtime is far away ...

I imagine I'm sipping it here, alone!

5. Black Coffee - French press is best!


6. Flavored sparkling water ... I don't discriminate between La Croix, Bubbly, AHA or store brand.  I find them all to be light, refreshing and a sweet tasting treat. I typically have one in the evening.


Whatever your flavor, clink a glass together with cheer!


I thought this post would offer more than this but as I was writing, it turns out I'm pretty simple with my sips. But I was committed so you basically learned I like Palomas, sparkling wine and black coffee. I suggest you redirect to other food bloggers, Pinterest and my favorite, Southern Living for all things tasty!

Dress Beautifully While You Sip

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: