Aug 30, 2021

Crazy Plant Lady


I believe in having plants in as many rooms as you can.  Living plants literally bring life to a room, add an element of natural decor and provide healthier cleaner air! Most of all they're pretty and a reminder of God's creation.

Here's the thing, you see all these pretty plants placed in rooms online (Pinterest, IG etc ..) and you go buy one stick it in a similar corner of your room and it dies.  Those plants are either silk, or staged for the photo.  I've learned the hard way that you can't place a plant for decorative purposes. They have to be strategically housed near a window for ample sunlight. Hence why I have plants in almost every room. 

I have also discovered which plants I actually have the ability to sustain ... 

Fiddle Fig
Christmas Cactus
Lilly


I know that succulents are also easy to maintain and thrive in low light which is fitting for a home but I just don't like their look.  As with dressing yourself, dressing your home should resonate with your style and be pretty to you.

Pots add beauty!

I don't do bouquets of fresh flowers because they die.  At least a potted plant has a chance of bringing me joy for more than a few days and doesn't leave a mess on my table.  
Several of my plants were gifts and have sentimental value to me as I'm reminded of the giver and occasion.


I have tried orchids and gracious do I love them but have failed ... repeatedly! Sigh as I'm writing this I feel compelled to try again but will focus on placing near light which was probably the problem.  
Who am I kidding I'll just try and find a good fake at Homegoods. 

Fun Fact: Trader Joes is a great place to buy plants and bouquets. 


My Mamma gifted this palm plant to me. It's over 30 years old; no pressure! 

I'm finishing this post on a proud note! This fiddle fig is 5 years old and just look at her! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her as she's clearly reached the ceiling. I'm thinking I'll gift her to someone who has vaulted ceilings with a sunny spot!


Dress Your Home Beautifully with Plants

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: