Sep 9, 2022

Friday Favorites: Blouses & Sweater Vests

 TGIF! Gals it's been quite a new week. Vivian started a new preschool year, her last (I cried), she started her 2nd year of dance, next week she'll add gymnastics and I'm starting to get into a new routine too! I don't feel as productive this week as I'd hoped but I'm giving myself grace for adjustment.


Soon, hopefully very soon, we will have to adjust to cooler temperatures.  One of my favorite ways to style this season, going all the way back to my college days and throughout my office days is to layer a sleeveless sweater over a blouse. I love this pairing as it adds just the right amount of warmth, structure, soft texture, easy movement and allows for an additional layer pieces such a blazer or jacket without extra bulk on your arms.

Tip: I never ever leave the bottom of the top exposed. In my opinion it should ALWAYS be tucked in.  Untucked not only is less polished but can add unwanted bulk and volume on your hips which is never slimming. 

Here are some pretty blouses and vests to layer ...

Classic Tie Neck in White

Satin Tie Neck

Check Tie Neck


I love the neck and texture - several color options


I ordered this in the white


2 print options


several color options


2 additional colors


I tried this one today and loved!


I brought this one home in black (shocking I never wear black!) also in ivory



available in 4 colors


3 colors

Dress Beautifully in a Blouse & Sweater Vest

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: