Sep 2, 2022

Friday Favorites: Home Decor

 TGIF! Gals, we've reached the end of Summer and all its fun travels. Settling back in at home has me wanting to zhoosh it up a bit.  I'm working on framing memories we've made and rearranging the decor.

I believe that our home should tell the story of us, the people who live here.  I want it to reflect the things we care about and enjoy.


I started in our entryway with this linen Charlotte coffee table book. It's a blank book that we can fill with records of our guests, prayer requests or a collection of our favorite daily memories. (I haven't decided)
Pastel Proper designed these books to represent cities that hold memories of home or destination in a beautiful way. I already have two set aside for gifts.

I also added this small colorful shell box. Vivian and I absolutely love collecting seashells and she picked out this one with all the shapes and colors. I have a feeling she's going to insist on keeping it in her room.


I added this large all white seashell box in our dining room. Not only does it represent our love of the beach, it complements the coastal bird wallpaper. This box can simply be decor but I believe it would be special to use it to hold prayer cards, daily high notes or serving pieces.

Note: I've keep Ryan's great grandparents' silver tea set on our sideboard table for years but after a Summer without polishing I decided that replacing it with something a little less high maintenance may be a good idea. 

Here are some pretty pieces to zhoosh up your home ...


Use it in your bathroom, shelves or tables to hold items


I love using these to add height on a shelf or table. 
They're also nice to move around from room to room for decor and on the table for dinners. 


these are not only pretty, but functional!


I love that this one has a lid


add a faux orchid, or serving object
great for stacking/layering decor & as a centerpiece 


in white or color - large or small
I love these for their beauty and storage


I love this for adding subtle color and texture
Printed and pasted paper can be intimidating - this is a great option!


I love seeing and sharing our memories throughout our home


I love these because they fill a wall and reflect light 

Dress Your Home Beautifully with Decor

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: