Nov 14, 2022

Higher the Hair, Closer to Heaven

Gals, I like big hair! Like really big. Think Dolly Parton ... but skip the bangs. I had bangs my whole life until college & it was never a good look. 

The trick to achieving a voluminous look of soft curls is hot rollers. My Mamma started using them in high school and in fact is still using the same set from Sears.  I too began rolling my hair in high school. 
But, it was actually my Grandma that taught me how to roll my mane. I truly am a picture of the women I came from in my faith, style and personality.


I put them in and apply my makeup or do other tasks while they set/cool.

Tip: Velcro rollers are also great for adding volume.
 After setting apply some heat from the blowdryer let cool and voila!

Here are the product I use to coif (more like tame) my mane ...


Shampoo & Conditioner - I only wash my hair every 4-5 days. I shampoo the roots and condition a bit over half on the bottom.  I've wanted to try these products for a couple years and after a few weeks I can say they are wonderful.

Bonding Oil - I apply this to damp hair. Just a dab. I really do think it decreases frizz and adds shine.

Styling Cream - I've been using this one for several years. I apply a quarter size amount before blowdrying to the bottom half of my hair.

Hairspray - I've used this one for at least 10 years. 

Dry Shampoo - I apply this at night to my roots on the 2nd or 3rd day after washing. I wake up with revitalized hair with more volume.

Volume Spray - I use this on day 3-4 to zhoosh up my style. 


Note: my hair is typically much larger but it had been 6 days since washing!

Dress Your Hair Big & Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: