Feb 12, 2024

The Middle

Recently I've been thinking about the circumstances of being in 'The Middle'.

I distinctly recall several 'Middles' in my life where I was waiting for answers, wanting the time to pass so I could get to a greener side and fearful of the unknown.

Waiting for a medical diagnosis
Hopeful during a military deployment
Grieving a loss
Wanting a baby
Enduring a hard pregnancy 
Working in a job that's stressful
Persevering the early days of motherhood


I see these 'Middles' all around me: finding a spouse, mending a marriage, trying to get in shape, & seeking friendship.

There are even some daily 'Middles' like when Ryan is working long shifts outside of the city for weeks straight and I don't think I'll survive the lonely, the responsibilities or the dog.

But with God I do.


When I was thinking of how I would share this encouragement of embracing 'The Middle' I thought of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Without the middle you have just two plain pieces of bread that aren't very tasty. The peanut butter adds protein, salt and sometimes crunch. The jelly adds sweetness and with each other between the bread it makes a whole sandwich that apart is lacking but together completely delicious.

Vivian's lunch :)

The middle is where ...

Character strengthens
Gratitude grows
Lessons learned 

So when the next 'Middle' comes your way, stand taller grounded in your faith knowing He will be present, providing and protecting you every step of every season. 

There will be crunchy & salty moments but there will also be sweetness. You may think & feel like you're falling apart (you may even look like it) but He's holding you together with softness!

Dress Beautifully in The Middle

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: