Feb 28, 2024

Unexpected Red Theory

 Have you heard of the "Unexpected Red Theory"?

 It was coined by interior designer Taylor Simon and is defined as:

 'adding anything that's red, big or small, to a room where it doesn't match at all – and it automatically looks better'

I have to admit, I do not have red in our home nor have I ever considered it. In fact our powder room was painted red when we purchased our home and I referred to it as a murder scene (it was immediately painted white before we moved in).

BUT after seeing beautiful images of rooms online with pops of red, I'm a believer.


Outside of Christmas or formal occasions I don't see many gals wearing red.
What if we added red to our wardrobes ... even if it doesn't match, for an outfit that has unexpected style?!!

Here are some ways I styled a classic red dress ...


If a you're more comfortable with smaller amounts of red try a red shoes, a scarf, a handbag or belt!


Fact: if you have red hair like me you CAN & SHOULD wear red! more is more!

Dress Beautifully in Red

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: