Mar 11, 2024

Marble Decor

 I LOVE marble! It's luxurious and a natural beauty. I also have an affinity for things found in nature as I believe that man cannot create anything as beautiful as God can.

When decorating my home, I mix materials like wood, fabric, metal, glass and stone for design that traditional and well collected. The textures add dimension and since I sprinkle antiques into each room they feel timeless and sentimental.

This past weekend, I added this midcentury marble coffee table to our formal living room! I've been hosting several times a month and realized our guests were having to sit their glasses, plates and belongings on the floor. We have conversation couches to encourage friendly exchange amongst our loved ones but there was a slight disconnect with the vast space between them.


The marble adds a surface that's durable and easy to clean particularly as food and beverage will be in use.

Coffee tables are a high traffic piece so I didn't want anything fragile like a delicate wood or glass, tufted wouldn't work with serving and it needed to be at a savvy price!


Note: there was a big controversy over adding a coffee table. I wanted it. Ryan didn't - he also doesn't like marble or antiques (Bless Him!). I won. 
Note: I pretty much always win because he's amazing and always wants me happy :)

TIP: Marble topped furniture & decor is best found at antique/thrift shops
and resale sites like Marketplace. I find old furniture to be of great quality!


This shell planter was actually white. 
I did a little DIY and added Gold Rub N' Buff to it and voila! 

While marble is exquisite in kitchens and bathrooms it is susceptible to staining, cracking and chipping. Not to mention expensive. So I incorporate it in decor.

Here are some beautiful marble pieces to decorate your home with ...


Great for display in a kitchen/bath or serving beverages & food 


you can also use this as a vase for fresh flowers/plants or as a utensil holder


beautiful for serving and display


great for living spaces or bedrooms




also in a brown red stone


comes in multiple sizes and sets



Dress Your Home Beautifully in Marble

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: