Mar 25, 2024

Thrill of the Hunt

 Often, I hear from gals that the volume of retailers and fashion is so overwhelming to navigate when trying to find pieces that they fancy. I agree! It can be time consuming 'digging' through racks and pages on pages online.

I have search tips and filters I use to try and extract what I'm looking for that I hope you find helpful as you shop.

For all shopping, it's helpful to identify retailers that fit your budget and style. The same goes for IG accounts to follow that also share pieces that fit your budget and style. 


Tip: Be sure to focus on things YOU love and make YOU feel great over what others are wearing.

IN STORE:

- visit at low traffic times - weekdays & mornings/evenings

- decrease distractions by turning your phone on silent and being alone

- take the time to try on! you just might be surprised! (wear good undergarments and easy to take on and off clothing and shoes) 

ONLINE:

The search bar is an awesome tool.  Use it for specific descriptive words.

- Filter and reduce the search results by category (top, skirt, dress etc ..) size, price (if an option) and colors you do (or do not) want I often remove red and black. If searching for prints I select 'multicolor'

- Sort the items. For higher priced retailers I choose low to high.

- Brand - knowing certain designers that fit you well with designs you like helps narrow the search.

- Fabric- this one is under used. I search "poplin" the most!

I add items to my cart or wish list regularly to allow time to deliberate if I really want to purchase and for a chance to purchase on sale. 

PS Take full advantage of Google lens!!! This technology is amazing - I will screenshot images or take photos in store and shop the results. 

I hope these tips make your hunt more thrilling! 

Dress Beautifully Shopping

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: