Oct 2, 2014

Cape Trench Coat

This Thursday it's Scandal Style!  #TGIT Means it's TV Night with Grey's, Scandal & Project Runway (My Sewing Inspiration).

I've Always had an OP (Olivia Pope) Style so it was Validating to See my Fashion Favs on Screen.  So Imagine my Excitement when The Limited launched their Scandal Line!  I Immediately Called my Local Store and had a Sales Associate Hold Pieces for Me.

I Tried on Almost Every Piece in the Collection and Loved it All.  Construction is of Great Quality and Sure to Bring Confidence with Each Wear.  Since I Can't have it All, I Narrowed it Down to the 'Must-Haves'.  Some are being Put Away for Christmas (Torture!) and I'm Hitting the Streets with a Couple Pieces ASAP.

Here are my Try-Ons (I Opted Out of the Pink Coat, Waiting til Christmas for the Cape, Gloves, the Dress in Green (not pictured) and Blouse, and Will Dish on this Amazing Long Cardigan Next Week!)


Shop my Must-Have Picks: 
Pink Coat || Grey Cape || Gloves || Blouse || Trousers || Long Cardigan || Tulip Dress (Not Pictured) 

This Jacket wasn't in the Store but it was my at the Top of my 'Must-Have' List so I Ordered it and Have been Stalking my Mailman All Week.

It's a Cape Trench Coat in Ivory. What a Unique Piece!  I haven't seen Anything like it.  I Love that it's Ivory (My Favorite Color to Wear), that the Cape Sleeves are Short (Allowing for Movement), and that it's Belted (Creating a Great Shape against the Voluminous Sleeves).

I've Paired it with Flare Legged Trousers for a Business Look, but Plan to Also Top Sheath Dresses, Pencil Skirts, Skinny Pants and Even Jeans for a Causal Look.  I Even have Plans to Change Out the Belt! 








Cape Trench Coat: The Limited || Trousers: old Similar || Handbag: Prada ||

Dress Beautifully in a Scandal Style Cape Trench Coat 

XOXO Sarah Louise




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this look!!!

Debra said...

Why didn't you like the pink coat?

Dress Beautifully said...

Debra, I own quite a few coats and since I live in the South the need is minimal. It was super soft and almost had a bathrobe feel, I would definitely recommend Petite! I felt the Cape was a more unique choice.

Debra said...

Yes, I love the Cape but I know I wouldn't wear it much. As I said in another post, I did get the PS in the pink coat and the pockets meet the belt-which is odd. Wearable but odd. I do think the PM would be too bathrobe like-so I'm in a bit of a bind. When I take it off the pockets are sewn really near the belt so I'm not sure if it is my short waist or if it is a defect, but they don't have any PS or PM in-I'm tired of returning and buying online as I have no car. Mine fits a bit smaller than the one you tried on does. The belt is shorter (and my waist is larger). Mulling it over. Would be fine to throw on as a light spring/fall short jacket (fits mid-thigh)/coat, but it does have a lot of problems. I've also gained 7 pounds recently so maybe it will fit better then, but those pockets! ;-). Thanks again. You're a doll.