Oct 30, 2014

Love & Labels

Silk Scarves were a Glamorous Accessory Back in the Day.   Over the Past 10 years we've Moved to Longer Wider Scarves made of Knits.   But I Still Swoon Over the Hand Rolled Hem, Bright Prints and Luster of a Silk Square Around my Neck. 

My Entire Silk Scarf Collection is Vintage, Purchased in Thrift Stores.  (I call it Treasure Hunting - One of my Favorite Ways to Spend my Saturdays).   This 1970's Fendi Scarf was a Present from Mr.  I Saw it in a Thrift Store Window One Saturday while Visiting Him in DC a Few Years Ago.   It was my Next Visit a Couple Weeks Later to DC that I Found a Gift Box in the Passenger Seat of the Car when Mr Picked me up from the Airport.   
Sometimes it's the Sweet Story Behind the Gift that Makes it Ever so Sweet! 

The Popular Orange and Brown Colors are Signature of the 70's - One of my Favorite Decades of Fashion (No Judgement but I Just Love Flared Jeans, Feathered Hair and Silk Blouses!)
And the Ombre Label Reminds me of a Sunburst.  

 When Choosing Silk Scarves, Keep they Following in Mind:
- 100% Silk
- Hand Sewn Rolled Hem
- Woven Print (Both Sides Saturated vs Printed)
- Fun Colors & Prints that Reflect Your Style

Styling:
- Head Wraps/Bands
- Neck Tie
- Tied on Handbag Strap

Although Mid-Century Gals had Classic Style - No Modern Gal wants to Look Like their Grandma.
Bring the Scarf Up to Date by Pairing with Casual Pieces - Striped Tees, Jeans, Moto Jackets, etc..

Printed Silk Scarves are a Great Way to Add Print, Color and Shine!

For a Wear to Work Look I Paired it with a Sheath Dress in Plum - Embracing the Darker Fall Colors.
Tip: Scarves are a Great for V-Neck Dresses Providing Décolletage Coverage.







Silk Scarf: Vintage Fendi Similar || Plum Sheath Dress: Tahari Similar also Here || 
Pumps: Nine West - Love These ||
Earrings: Kate Spade Similar || Polish: Butter London || 

Dress Beautifully in a Silk Scarf

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: