Oct 14, 2014

Mod

"Soooo SL" says my Gal Pal a Couple Weekends Ago as I held Up this Top Beaming with Delight as I Couldn't Get into the Dressing Room Fast Enough!

We were Shopping at Anthropologie, a Fairly New Store to Me.  I've Always been Intrigued by the Abundance of Unique Clothing & Prints and Over-the-Top Store Front Decor.  One of my Favorite things about Anthro is that they Carry Pieces with Vintage Designs.  

The Challenge with Styling my Authentic Vintage Pieces is that You don't want to Look like You're in Costume (or Smell like Moth Balls ... this has Happened!)  New Garments with Vintage Design Elements is a Sure Way to have a Mid-Century Style in a Modern Way.

This Top Screams "Mod" with it's Folded Boatneck Collar, Boxy Cropped Cut, and Bold Print.  I'm a Fabric Snob and Adore the Luster and Slight Stiffness that Creates a Great Shape and Shine.  And What About this Print??!!  It's a Blend of Floral & Graphic Swirled Together.

I Feel that it's Important to have Pieces of Interest in Your Wardrobe.  You Definitely Stock Your Closet with the Basics First but it's the Details that Set Your Style.  Incorporate a Few Garments that Speak to Your Personality... this Top is a Great Representation of my Style: Classic, Southern with a Hint of Fancy!

For this Look I Paired this Mod Top with Black Skinny Pants and Pumps.  I Kept my Makeup Fairly Simple but Added Drama with Bold Black Liquid Liner.  To Highlight the Neckline of this Top I Coiffed my Mane in a Big Ballerina Bun. 









Mod Blouse: Anthropologie || Black Pants: BCBG || Pumps: Nine West ||
Oxblood Polish: Butter London || Cateye Sunglasses: Target Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Mod

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: