Dec 7, 2016

Foxy & Fabulous


"I say, dress to please yourself. Listen to your inner muse and take a chance. Wear something that says 'Here I am!' today." - Iris Apel

Foxy & Fabulous!  That's how I feel in this arctic blue fur number.  It's a statement, a bold statement, and I L.O.V. E. it! Fashion is about wearing pieces that make you feel beautiful and confident and this piece does just that.

I literally have been frustrated over the past few weeks that the weather hasn't been cold enough to rock this beauty.  But finally Winter has shown itself and I'm strutting out in my pale blue faux fur coat.

Now, not everyone is a fan. What??!!! Bless them.  #haters
What some may think is over the top, gaudy, tacky, or crazy I find to be stylish, glamorous and down right fabulous! (I can't use that adjective enough)

So, if you share my sentiment let's talk about this blue wonder.  It is faux fur and in a slightly cropped design the fit and thickness doesn't overwhelm with too much volume.  Cropped hems leave room to showcase your top and shorter sleeves leave room for movement of your arms and hands while allowing space to let your cuffs or bracelets shine. I also adore the necklace neckline.  With no collar it leave the space open around your neck and face which is slimming and again leaving room for layers and highlighting accessories.

The fur is super soft and has an eye-catching luster that makes the ice blue pop.  There are hook and eye clasps for closure.  I apologize for not capturing the lining but it's in a small damask print in navy and burgundy.

Tip:  Always look to the lining of jackets/blazers for color pairing options.

I stayed neutral in color pairings with this fur.  I went with a semi-casual look with a silk ivory blouse, grey skinny jeans and suede over the knee boots. Mixing casual and dressy is the name of my game.  It allows for optimizing wear of my 'work' clothes and investment as they are almost always more expensive due to the nature of their quality and it takes my weekend/evening looks from basic to chic!

I'd rather be interesting that blend!

I plan to pair with navy, ivory, grey, burgundy suiting pieces for the office for a more subdued palette. For the weekends, it's all about color with printed pieces containing the colors mustard yellow, emerald green, purple ... the sky's the limit!

While the silk blouse, boots and fur are more on the fancy side of the style scale the jeans and cross body saddle bag are more relaxed.

When you take garments out of their intended style box and blend them together you create a blended look that sure to set a fabulous tone!

Maybe a colored fur coat is a bit much for you; I sorta get it.  Then maybe you should try a colored faux fur collar or simply try embracing a piece that is outside your box that makes you smile.
Clearly I don't let others dampen my strut and you shouldn't either.

Here I am in my blue foxy fur!






I seriously feel like I'm snuggled up in a luxurious stuffed animal



It's simplistic yet chic when the coat comes off 
Party on the outside and business on the inside




Dress Beautifully in Faux Fur

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: