Dec 6, 2016

Pinkalicious Christmas

Welcome! Come on in to our decked halls!

Ok, maybe decked is embellishing a bit.  I'm not big on lots of Christmas decor.  It's not my favorite holiday. Gasp! but it just isn't.  And, I don't like to invest money into things that are temporary and then have to store them.  I detest pack rat habits.

So, I've decided as with most things in my life, that I will do it my way.  In pure SL style.


First things first, I love the entryway into our home. The outside and in.  Because our rounded stairs and front door make quite the classic statement all on their own I simply added red bows onto our iron urns for a bright pop that's stands out all the way from the street. And because they're under $2 each, can simply be tossed come January.

On the inside I cleared our foyer tables and placed the most important decor you'll find in our home front and center, the nativity.  Jesus is the reason for the season. Amen!


If you look closely you'll see our mistletoe 'kissing ball' hanging in the formal room entry.  
We take full advantage :) 



Above in our foyer and below in our formal room, I place poinsettias plants in my vintage champagne buckets.  I typically have orchids in them.  I chose these pretty buttercream blooms because I'm not a fan of red in my home and I like the lighter brighter look.  


My formal room evolved unintentionally incorporating blush pinks.  I love it!  So last year while Mr was deployed, I decided to embrace my feminine style and continue this color palette & decorate in blush and gold for Christmas.  This year now that he's home I was worried he would be opposed, but in true 'happy wife, happy life' fashion he went with it. 


I add a little something new to my decor inventory every year to spread out the cost and it's fun to bring in fresh elements. It's always a new ornament or two, and most of the time more birds (I love birds on my tree - they symbolize peace to me) but this year it was these blush trees and glittery church.  What a pretty pink scene!!! 


Our tree decor is the same as last year.  Except for this year it isn't leaning since I had someone to help me set it up. I've had this same gold star topper now for 7 years. It's a trooper.  We kept the ornaments this same with the exception of a US Navy one that I gifted Mr this year.  It's bittersweet now that's we've left the military but it will always be a part of our lives.


All it needs are presents!  


We enjoy sitting in front of the tree and soaking in the spirit of the season sharing our thoughts.  It's cozier with hot chocolate! 


Our family room houses the fireplace and it is the room we spend the most time in.  I was so excited when I found real boxwood wreaths and pine garland at my local Trader Joe's! I quickly scooped one of each up as they were going fast.  The pine garland was surprisingly super long but with some arranging and shedding I was able to get it so that it framed our fireplace beautifully.  I had some burlap that I cut and used to hang the wreath over the mirror. 


I have a plethora of candle stick holders. I'm not sure how it happened - ok well let's be honest it's a mix of family heirlooms and my frequent trips to thrift stores / obsession with old and shiny brass/silver things.  I have a tendency to over clutter sometimes because I just love my things, but I could just hear one of my gal pals who is always urging me to keep it clean and simple.  So I did, with just 2 sets of candles in both brass and silver.  I like to mix up my shine. 


Our stockings are from our very first Christmas as Mr and Mrs 7 years ago.  


Scragley kitty all snuggled up by the fire, how he can stand the heat with all that fur I don't know.  He's way over due for a hair cut. Yes we shave him even in the winter.  He's super cute and lives in climate control. Oh and for those of you who've seen this pic on my instagram/facebook, I have serious guilt from all of your comments on why Scragley doesn't have a stocking! 


I also added red bows on our corner sidewalk lamp post and mailbox.

And last but not least, for the past few years I place candlestick lights in all of our front windows for extra curb appeal. I have a feeling next year Mr is going to want to hang lights outside.  I guess if I can have pink on the inside he can light up the outside - in moderation!

Let your light shine bright for Jesus!

I hope you enjoyed my little holiday home tour. May you be inspired to decorate your home in your own style and perhaps be inspired by mine :)

Dress Your Home Beautifully for Christmas

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Emily said...

Gorgeous, as always!