Dec 8, 2016

Magnolias for the Holidays


Dare I say I got crafty this Christmas?! Eh, maybe creative is a better word.  I'm far from a DIY gal but this Christmas I wanted to do something other than my standard gold wrapping paper.  I say standard because I use it all year round for just about every gift giving occasion.

So as to not break my utilitarian nature, I went with brown craft paper, twine and magnolia leaves from our backyard to wrap our gifts this year.  Magnolias are my most favorite flower and I'm over the moon grateful to have a tree to enjoy.  Magnolias are commonly used in holiday decor with garland and wreaths, but they sure do come with a price tag.  So I decided to incorporate these beautiful gems in my wrapping.

The brown craft paper is thick and durable and not to mention along with the twine super low cost.  It's crazy to me to spend tons of money on ribbons and bows that get maliciously ripped and tossed away; and ugh the glittery mess they make.
To attach the leaves I used double sided tape.  It's one of the most handy supplies!


Supplies: brown craft paper, twine, metallic marker, double-sided tape, scissors and magnolia leaves. 


These presents have a quintessential southern vibe that I'm quite proud of.
I have a feeling this will be my new standard for next year's gift giving.

Dress Your Gifts Beautifully with Magnolias

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: